My sweet angel is five months old today!
She has been doing some pretty exciting things!
For one, little lady is sitting up for about a minute at a time. In fact, she could be screaming her head off and all I have to do is sit her up because this new view point thrills her! And...this kind of scares me....she is starting to scoot (she gets her knees under her and pushes with her feet)!!!! If you know anything about B, you know she never stops moving. I should have known this might start early... Speaking of moving, she has become a rolling fool. I literally looked away for 2 seconds the other day, and she had rolled herself across the living room. And since homegirl never stops moving, our photos session this month was quite a challenge...
Solids have also been introduced in this household. Oh my, was she in Heaven! She is such a good eater. She has not disliked anything I have put in her mouth. We have had oatmeal cereal (I skipped rice cereal because of the arsenic scare), sweet potatoes, banana, and avocado.
| This is probably my favorite of the day- She flung herself down, and gave me this look. It just cracks me up! |
I think we have a water baby!
Bath time could seriously last all day if I let it. But it's not limited to baths- she also loves showers, and she doesn't even mind getting her face all wet. I just stick her whole body under the shower to rinse out the shampoo, and it doesn't phase her one bit.
And last, but not least, Miss Priss loves giving kisses. No friends, not just any kisses. Big, wet, smoosh-your-face kind of kisses. Mommy particularly loves this (even if she is really just trying to eat my face)!
At 5 Months, Blakely is:
•Sitting up
•Blowing lots of raspberries/bubbles.When she gets mad, she blows some really good ones.
•Has a tooth!
•Not such a great sleeper... She goes down around 7:30 and is back up around 11:30, then again at 1, 4, and then finally up at 7:30... Boo. I'm hoping it's just the teething.
•Still my super smiley, happy go lucky (ACTIVE) little babe
•Has grown some more hair recently. I'm still not sure what color it will be??? Some days it looks super light, and then on others it looks pretty dark.
•Still grabs at everything! And she is SO quick. I was shopping the other day, and within ONE second she had grabbed a bracelet and stuck it in her mouth. That fast. I don't think there was even a second between hand and mouth... Yikes!
•Gets distracted so easily now, especially when the cats are around. Sometimes I have to feed her in a separate room just to get through a feeding in a timely manner.
•Upgraded to size 3 diapers
•Is wearing some 3-6 months, but mostly 6 month clothes now.
•Really belly laughs when tickled or flipped upside down. No one can get her to laugh quite like Daddy, though.
•Definitely showing signs she wants to be mobile. Put her near the ground, and she will get those little legs going!
•Looks at me and grabs my face with both hands. This is probably my most favorite thing ever!
Blakely Ryan, you are my squishy little ball of joy! I can't believe you will be half a year old next month!!! We love you sooooo much, sweet girl!


No comments:
Post a Comment
please share