Our little Blakely is getting so big!
Happy 4 months, sweet girl!!
I am absolutely loving this age. She laughs and smiles all the time, and is such a happy baby. My favorite part of the day is waking up to her constant babble. She just lays in bed and talks to herself, and when she sees me she gives me a huge grin and squeals with excitement. And that my friends, is even better than coffee in the morning!
I can't believe how much she is doing now. I have to be really careful because she grabs at everything I have and is usually pretty successful at getting her hands on it. The other day she reached for my cup of water, and so I put it to her mouth to see what she would do. To my amazement, she actually waited for the water to reach her lips and she took a sip. No spills, choking, or anything! Now any time i have a glass of water she always reaches for it and successfully takes a sip. And she likes it. She always says, "mmm" and smiles after each sip. It's adorable.
She also puts everything in her mouth. As soon as I grab something or hand her something, straight to the mouth it goes. Her hands are in her mouth about 99% of the time. If its not her hands, it's whatever is close by. Lately, it's been my face. This little angel likes to grab me by the hair and force my face into her mouth. She usually gets either my nose or chin. It's quite funny.
Also, I think I may have a talker on my hands. She babbles, coo's, and squeals consistently throughout the day. I love hearing her baby voice. It's so sweet! Okay, okay, I'm going to stop writing because I could go on and on. I just don't want to forget a single thing. I feel like she is growing so fast!
Okay, seriously, just a few more things and I'm done...
*She loves to "walk" (we hold her up and she takes tiny steps) and smiles so big!
*Is in size 2 diapers
*Wears 3-6 month clothes primarily, but can still squeeze into some 0-3
*Snuggles her blanket to her face as she falls asleep- it's the sweetest thing!
*Is nursing about every 3 hours, but every now and then gets hungry a little sooner- usually when we are in the car or a store... You know, somewhere super convenient to whip out a boob.
*Diaper changes are getting tricky since she likes to hold both feet in her hands. As soon as I get one hand free from her foot, she grabs it right back.
*Is always trying to pull herself up into sitting position when I lay her in her carseat, stroller, or boppy. Homegirl ALWAYS has to be sitting or standing.
Did I mention I'm crazy for this little girl??
OK, now I'm done!
- Posted from my iPad








Ok so in the fifth picture she looks like you! Her smile is like yours! Also, how is she that big already? She is precious and it sounds like she's learning so fast! You're doing a great job!
ReplyDeleteYou're so sweet!! And seriously, why do they grow so fast?!
ReplyDelete